Friday, November 30, 2007

sick

I have been completely blown over by a nasty virus.
Luckily I have been blessed with amazing friends who have taken good care of my little one for the past three days so that I can sleep and wallow in my own gross. Yesterday I got out of bed for 15 minutes to crawl into the shower. I think my hair has formed into dread locks because I don't remember the last time I brushed it.
I don't think I have ever had a flu this bad. It really stinks.
Being out of commission has given me a new appreciation and greater love for my husband. He is one fantastic individual. He has literally taken care of everything over the past few days. He's arranged everything for Caden, taken phenominal care of me, he has come home early everynight to clean the house, do the laundry, get the baby ready for bed and fetch me anything I need. He has been absolutly amazing.
Last night while I was lying on the couch I could hear him tucking Caden in, telling him a bedtime story about two Cadens...how one liked eating condiments and the other one did not. Caden was cracking up. So was I.
Yesterday Caden went to a friend's house where there were two other kiddos, which normally would make him nervous and uncomfortable, but apparantly he had the best time, playing and being silly with the other boys. I think he has been enjoying this week...a little less boring then the everyday at home with mom.
So I feel less poopy today than yesterday which I'm hoping means I will feel even less poopy tomorrow.
I'm going to go eat a fudgesicle and go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better!

Dana said...

Um, hello?! It was Cole, of course he had fun!!! And I got to take him over to pet the doggies ;-) Feel better soon, I miss my coolest friend!

The Secret of Happiness said...

Fudges always make the boo boos go away...