Monday, November 26, 2007

Pros and Cons

I am a big believer in the weighing of the Pros and Cons. I think it is a really good decision making method and it's fun to say PRO or CON before you say a sentence.
Here's my latest decision making round of pros and cons...One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.
Pros and Cons of going back to work and putting Caden in daycare.

PRO: He will get use to socializing with other kids, because right now he is very uncomfortable with kids his own age. He loves adults, but kids...he has no time for. I remember being the same way but maybe daycare would help.

CON: He will catch all of their germs...which he is bound to do in kindergarden anyway so I guess maybe this one is actually a PRO because he'll build a strong immune system before he starts real school.

PRO: He will hear alot of people talking all around him, which may encourage him to talk too. Also, the people there won't know what he wants unless he says words which will force him into having some kind of vocabulary.

CON: I will miss him terribly and probably cry everyday, and even though I know he will be fine, I will feel constant guilt for not spending my days with him.

PRO: We will make some extra money because I'll have a job.

CON: As a boy who has a tendency to be overstimulated, he may have a hard time adjusting to the chaotic enviornment...last time I put him in childcare he hid under a table for an hour and threw up...He's a sensitive boy.

PRO: I will have a life outside of boogers, diapers and The Wiggles.

CON: I will miss the way things are right now, because all in all, I love being with him more than anything and to quote Aerosmith, "I don't want to miss a thing."

PRO: He will watch less TV

CON: I will miss him...did I already say that?

Ugh. I'm telling you, this is a tough one. We do need the extra money and it would help him socialize more with other kids but my heart is to be at home with him. The thought of only seeing him a few hours a night rips my guts out....which I'm sure it is with alot of women who inevidebly have to work to help out. I'm sure the thinking about it is worse than the actual doing...I'm sure once I got out there and started working I would probably enjoy the routine, having somewhere to be...being able to eat lunch or run to the store alone, being able to pee with the door closed...having a reason to buy nice clothes...and I think he would find it hard adjusting at first but he would, hopefully, enjoy it after a while. I don't know...I just invision him being traumatized by the whole thing because he's been in his own home for so long. I don't know. I've never been so torn about anything in my life.
I wish we had a money tree, then this wouldn't be an issue.
Does anyone have any money tree seeds they'd be willing to donate?

1 comment:

Micah Vandegrift said...

I think it may be a good step toward both of you growing up. I am not sure what sort of timeline babies have for need of mothers ect. but if it doesn't work you could always quit.