Saturday, November 10, 2007

Music Memory Lane

Amy and I have been remembering the love songs, rap songs and power ballads from the late 90's early 2000's. During Caden's nap times we have been typing one song after another into youtube and cracking up laughing at the music we use to listen to. This motivated me to find the old CD binder from back in the day. I found a bunch of mixed mystery CD's and brought some with me in the car last night when I drove into town. There were many hidden gems like LIVE and Our Lady Peace. There were some bands that I cannot believe I actually liked...like Creed...what was I thinking?!?!?!

I found my Garth Brooks collection, some old school Canadian singers like Moist, Roch Voisine and Jann Arden...There was some heavier stuff like Rage Against the Machine...some country stuff like Dixie Chicks and Tim Mcgraw....ALOT of Elton John and Billy Joel....my two main men. It was a fun trip down memory lane that had just begun.

It's pretty crazy how music can take you back in time to people, places and moments that you had completely forgotten about. Lots of good memories flowed into my head yesterday. One of the CD's was a mix CD that a bunch of us made in highschool. We each picked a song to make a compelation that would forever remind us of eachother. My song was, 'Sweet Home Alabama' which is pretty funny for a girl who at the time had never been outside of Canada.
I was reminded of the girl I use to be and how she is so different yet exactly the same as the woman I've become.
Who knew so much depth could come from a home-made mized CD entitled, "Newspapers and Kitty Litter."

No comments: