Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Kathy Day

Today is Kathy Day. My good friends, the Phillips' Family, have offered to watch my little man so that I can have a day to myself....a gift far more precious than rubies. I am so mellow right now. Thank you Jesus for good friends.
I am sitting at the coffee pub with my laptop, drinking a chai tea in my bare feet, listening to some soft, folk, finger-picking guitar song with a pretty harmony...I've always wanted to come here and just chill with my computer, a luxury I usually do not have with a toddler. Today is a good day. I love my boy, my time with him is precious...but this is the first time I've had a whole day to myself since he was born. I'm overdue.
I'm also excited because the coffee pub is painted in the exact same colours that I want to paint my living room and kitchen...and as I suspected, they look fantastic together!
My cell phone is dying...but that's OK. Who needs it? I am an island today.
I have given myself a 9 dollar budget for this day....3 of which I have already spent on an over priced tea, but when I envision relaxing at a coffee shop, a chai tea has to be in the mix. It is delicious.
I am going to go to the dollar theatre today, and since it is $0.75 day I am in luck!
It is a nice feeling to be alone but to feel freedom in it instead of loneliness. I spend alot of time alone trapped in my house...but when I have a day to go out on my own and do whatever the heck I want (within the limits of 9 dollars) I feel so free. Like the world is my oyster...whatever that means...i don't ever like oysters.
Could I do this everyday knowing I wasn't with my little one? No way. The alone time is only nice from time to time. He brings me so much mroe joy than I could bring to myself. Having a baby changes everything....but it's SO worth it.
My feet are cold because I refuse to wear socks even though it is a bone chilling 40 degrees Fahrenheit today. Socks hinder me from feeling completely free so I will embrace this numb feeling in my toes.
Mmmmm....chai tea.
I need to go soak in some more of my environment. If you need me, call me tomorrow.

No comments: