Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lazy Days

The past two days have been rather uneventful for both Caden and myself. Friday I felt as though I was getting sick. Saturday I woke up with every area between my ears and my chest burning like a wild fire.
Jay went to work and I began a long day of parenting from the couch. It's hard to take care of someone when all you want is to be taken care of yourself.
Around 10:30 I looked at Caden and knew he wasn't feeling good. He gets crazy dark circles under his eyes when he feels poorly. I felt his head and he was very hot so I took his temperature (as best I could) and it came out to somewhere in the 103's. I wasn't too alarmed, because when Caden gets a fever it's always through the roof and he recovers quickly. Since Jay had taken the car to work, I called Britt and she graciously came to the rescue with children's Tylenol. Yay Britt.
He went to sleep two hours earlier than he usually does and I got this crazy burst of energy and cleaned the fridge, the microwave and the pantry...then I shopped online for baby shower stuff, went through the food and created a two week menu with a grocery list to match and realizing too late that I had done way too much, I crashed on the couch just in time to hear Mr. Caden stirring in his room, ready to get up.
Yesterday was a long day.
I decided we would not be going to church in the morning which made me very sad because I missed last week while we were in St. Augustine...but I couldn't in good conscience bring a feverish baby to the toddler room and let him infect all the other kiddos.
Jay went to a fitness fair at the civic centre yesterday where he had a booth set up. He had to leave the house at 5am in order to get everything there and ready on time so by the time he got home at 7 he was more than pooped.
Caden went to bed at 8 and Jay and I went to bed at 8:30. Party animals.
I took some night time cold medicine and a zycam before turning in...I should have known better because I am super sensitive to medication and ended up sleeping until 10:30 this morning. Luckily, Jay took notice of my comatose state and got up with the baby.
After a 14 hour sleep, my bug seems to be gone. I'm groggy from the medicine and will probably be till tomorrow but I am feeling pretty good other than that.
Caden is confusing me, going back and forth from happy and jumping to sickly and sleepy. I think he may have an ear infection. I wish there was a way I could know ths before spending 20 bucks to have someone say, "It's a bug. Just wait it out." I've tried looking in there...I even tried sniffing it...it works to find out whether Dakota has one or not so I thought, why not?
Caden looked confused.
Hopefully tomorrow will get us out of the house....at least I hope so. I'm starting to get cabin fever.

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

I hope everyone feels better soon!

Micah Vandegrift said...

civic centre? maybe in Canada.