Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So....

It went well!
Creating an ulcer in my stomach was unnecessary.
Can't chat long...cause little boy has decided to wake from his nap early...but we got to babyschool at 7am and after a nice chat with the owner, Caden and I sat at the kiddie table to eat breakfast. He was doing great but he seemed to notice that the other children's parents were dropping their kids off and leaving...then it clicked...this wasn't just breakfast with mommy!
So he started to get whiney, and wanted to be held...and I knew I was just delaying the inevidable....so I handed him off to his teacher and as he reached for me and wailed, 'MAMA!' I walked out the door.
I cried like a crazy person the whole way home but even though I felt sad and a little bit like a jerk I knew it was right.
I called an hour later and the first thing I heard was him wailing on the other end of the phone but it was just a momentary squeal. Apparantly he was doing well but the other kids were making him a little nervous.
They said he was fine and I felt a bit better.
I went back to get him at 1 where I found him hanging with his teacher in the main room while the other kids napped in their classroom. Apparantly he refused to nap and was making the other kids want to revolt so they let him hang with the adults instead. They told me he was hilarious. That he played and interacted and pretended to talk on the phone...just like he does at home.
When he saw me he said, "YAY!" and ran to me. He seemed happy and content.
All in all, good first time. I think it went as well as it could have and I feel a million times better about it.
Phew! One parental trial down, 1,000,000,000,000,000 to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear all went well, and each time it's get s a little easier....next thing you know you';ll send him off to have an awesome time at camp!!

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I'm very happy for the two of you... so did you have any idea what to do with yourself during the time that he was away?

Dana said...

yay! Great news!

The Secret of Happiness said...

Yippie!!! Oh I'm so glad it went well! He's going to learn and grow a lot while he's there learning from the other kids.
I thought about you the other day because I had to walk J into school because we were late. She was fine until I crossed over the door frame to her classroom and she LOST it. I mean, hard cries, I want Kristy, NO NO NO!!! And I had to leave here there and walk away. Broke my heart but the teacher came to the car when I went to pick them up and said she cried for like 5 minutes after I left.
Lord Jumpin' Dyin' Moses!