Monday, January 26, 2009

Today...

..was a fantastic day! I got so much done around the house, all the while having a blast with my little man. He isn't feeling 100% but...is it bad to say that he's nicer when he's sick? Bad or not, it's the truth. We had a great time together today, reminding me of how much I've missed him over these past couple of months, working 9 hours a day...I think what happened with my job was an answer to prayer, even if the numbers don't really work out on paper...I know God has this in His hands.
My eye is healing, slowly but surely. I still a little bit like Quasimodo (spelling?) but it's getting there.
Last night Caden did yoga with Jay and I. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He had his hands clasped and was doing his deep breathing. Then he would stick his little booty up in the air and say, "I made it, Mama!"
Adorable.
After a while he got bored which meant he got distracting and he definitely started 'harshing our chi'.
I quit yoga half way through but Jay held strong til the end. Yoga is no joke. At the end, they encourage you to 'om' or make humming sounds as you breathe. Jay and I were laughing so hard that tears were pouring down our cheeks...good thing this group class was in the privacy of our living room, because we totally would have gotten kicked out of a public class for our lack of flexibility, grace and seriousness.
I brought Dakota to the vet tonight. Double ear infections for her. Apparently that's what you get for being a husky in Florida. Her ears sweat with no ventilation, creating a pool of bacteria. Nasty.
That's the scoop. Tomorrow, if Caden feels well, I will be dropping him off at school and heading to the coffee pub for a day of writing. I want to nail out as much of this thing as I can while I have nothing but time. If anyone is bored and wants to have a chai tea with me, you know where I'll be!

3 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

i soooooooo wish i could come have chai with you. and soak up your goodness.

Anonymous said...

dear you,
i've been trying to call you....but can never get you! Either number better than the other (and if you say Jay's cell, i don't have that one, haha)?
either way, would love to talk to you!
Jacqueline

The Secret of Happiness said...

http://www.amazon.com/DermaPet-MalAcetic-Otic-16-oz/dp/B0002WPTIE

Hopefully this link works...this is he ear wash we buy for Brody from Amazon. The vet told us about it because he is prone to ear infections as well with the floppy ears and warm temperatures. It certainly beats the vet and medication fees and has cut down on the frequent trips to the vet.