Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthday Re-Cap

Yesterday was Jason's birthday. We had a great day together, breaking our fast and celebrating the life of my favourite human. We woke up early and had a nice breakfast. My eye had been hurting the day before and really began hurting when I woke up yesterday, so we started our day with a 9am trip to the eye doctor to see what was up. There I was told I have a corneal infection (from over wearing my contacts) that caused an ulcer in my eye. I am prohibited from contact lens wearing for the next week or so and I have to use drops every 4 hours. My eye looks red and puffy....not to mention it hurts like someone is stabbing me in it repeatedly with a fondue fork, but I'm hoping that feeling goes away soon.
After the eye doctor and the pharmacy, we went out to lunch at Food Glorious Food where we ordered a whole lot of the stuff we haven't been able to eat. Pasta and cheese and chicken and yum, yum, yum.
Then we hit block buster because we had a gift card from Christmas and we bought 4 movies for 3 bucks!
We picked up some snacks and headed home to watch movies. Amber hung out with Caden so that we could have some much needed time off. Amber's awesome.
In the evening, friends came over for dinner, cupcakes, gifts and fun.
It was a great day for an even greater guy. I love you, Jay. Happy Birthday!

No comments: