Saturday, January 03, 2009

E-I-E-I-O

That's what song I am singing right now. I think if I had a dollar for every time I sang that song this evening I would have the mortgage pretty much covered.
I don't mind though. As long as there is no screaming or whining, I am good.
On January 1, I awakened my husband with a text message after strategically placing his cell phone by his bed. The text message instructed him to get dressed and ready because I was whisking him away on New year adventure. I had packed our bags the day before and Amber was in on my plan, ready and willing to take care of everything, including Caden. When we got in the car I handed him a card explaining that we were on our way to St. Augustine for 1 night and 2 days of fun.
We had a blast.
It's easy to forget how compatible you are with someone when you get caught up in the hum-drum of everyday life. With Caden, work, volunteering, and chores around the house, it's easy to forget that the person I married is my absolute favourite human and I'm beyond blessed to get to spend each day with him. I was reminded of that this weekend. We finish each other's sentences, we laugh hysterically at each other's jokes and listen intently to each other's stories. We're crazy about each other.
It was a great way to start 2009. On Monday, we are beginning the Daniel fast for 2 weeks. We've honestly never fasted before but we're excited about what will come from it physically and spiritually. Our bodies and minds could certainly use the cleanse.
Congratulations to my best friend, Amy and my soon to be best friend in-law, Jon for getting engaged on New Years Eve. This is a union that has been long prayed for even before it began and everyone who loves you guys knows how amazing this news is. Looking forward to the wedding!!! Hopefully there will be no snow in June to screw up my travel plans! ;)

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

You're an incredible wife.

Amy Fitz said...

That's so awesome that you did that!!! How cool. Marty and I got 2 days alone this week as well. Both my kids decided to go to Orlando with my mom from Thursday--Saturday. Marty and I had a grand time here at the house...by oursleves! We even went to IHOP at midnight one night!!! :) HA HA HA