Sunday, January 25, 2009

God's Timing is Perfect

Thursday night I received great news about my future. Friday morning I received not so great news about my present. The company I work for is in financial trouble and for reasons I will not disclose on the Internet, I decided, rightfully, to a 'voluntary' lay off. I wasn't fired, but I was put in a position where I knew it was time to walk away.
I couldn't have parted on better terms though. Hugs and affirmation all around. It was a raw an emotional day, saying good-bye to people I didn't realize I had become so close with. I packed up my personal belongings in an empty paper box, cleared off my desktop and turned in my electronic badge.
One door closed, another one opened. I don't believe it is coincidence that all of this happened within a 15 hour period. I have been praying about my job for a long time, knowing it was a weird fit and missing Caden like crazy. I prayed that God would show me beyond the shadow of a doubt when it was time to move on, and He certainly did. It's OK though. Financially, we'll figure this thing out. I know God is all over it.
My friends at work were very excited about the book. Given the situation there, it was a bit of happy news in the midst of dark, economic times and it warmed my heart to have people celebrate with me in spite of the circumstances surrounding us.
I said to Jay at the beginning of this week that I felt as though God's timing is occurring right now...that answers to our prayers and the work He has been doing behind the scenes is about to become evident. This means good things will happen and things that appear to be 'bad' will happen, but in the end it will work towards His greater purpose and I believe some sort of clarity is on the horizon.
That could not have been truer for this week. Important things have become clear, which have left other things uncertain, but God's timing is perfect and that's all I need to know for sure.
Yesterday, Jay made the very difficult and heart breaking decision to sell his motorcycle. We found someone who was willing to pay for it what it is worth, which in this economy is a blessing in and of itself. I'm so proud of him. He knew he didn't have to do this, but he chose to in order to help the family finances and I promise, with all of you as my witness, that he WILL have another one...a super, sick, awesome one.
Today is Monday. Caden had a fever last night and although he seems fine today, I'm going to keep him home just because I can! It was nice not having to ask any one's permission to do so :)

1 comment:

sarah jewett clarke said...

kathy, you and jay have always stepped out in faith, and God has always provided.

i am always blessed by your trust and obedience....thanks for sharing your life with me.