Thursday, September 04, 2008

Update

Monday - Sick as a dog, sinus infection

Tuesday - Weak from not being able to eat or drink on Monday, but feeling much better. Stayed home to rest.

Wednesday - Feeling a million times better but still battling an annoying cough. Worked all day. Longest day ever...just really wasn't in the mood to do data entry or collections. Left work at 5, picked Caden up at daycare, waited in an excruciatingly long drive through line at McDonalds while Caden cried for french fries, Jerad and Amber...all things I promised him we would see...finally got our food and headed to the annex to practice for One Night. Caden got his french fry, Jerad and Amber fix...One night was AWESOME. In spite of having a voice that sounded like a chain smoker, God worked through the music and the Word to relay an awesome message to His people...that in spite of everything, He is still God regardless of our situation...that He hurts when we hurt and rejoices when we rejoice. It was a powerful look into the historical account of Lazarus being raised from the dead and, personally, it was exactly what I needed to take in.
Afterwards, I put Caden's pjs on and we headed home.

Thursday - So far....woke up at 5am to my husband sneezing...this has become my new alarm clock...the problem being that it's usually set to go off long before either of us need to be out of bed. Poor Jay. He's always sneezing, dripping, wheezing...I'm not sure if it's the animals or the south that effects him so badly...both of which are difficult to do away with at this point in our lives. We both made it back to sleep just in time for the alarm to go off at 6:30am. My initial thoughts were negative, but I stopped myself, gave a quick shout out to God, committed the day to Him and rolled out of bed. I got ready for work, Jay got Caden breakfast and when I came out into the living room Caden was wearing his first official pair of pull-ups training pants. A victory! Although, I believe he is still far from potty training. The other night we had a conversation that went like this:

Me: "Caden, let's change your diaper."

Caden: "UNDERPANTS!"

Me: "You want to wear underpants?"

Caden: "UNDERPANTS!"

Me: "Ok, when we wear underpants, where do we go pee pee?"

Caden: "YA!"

Me: "No, no...where do we go pee pee?"

Caden: "Amen."

Me: "No Caden, listen to mama, where do we go pee pee?"

Caden: (thinks about it) "Amen."

He then proceeded to pee in two pairs of underpants in 10 minutes. But it's ok, we're in no race...I read that most times it's not so much the mind that needs to mature for potty training as much as the body and little boys bodies develop more slowly at this age than little girls.
He is however the master of drinking from a big boy cup and never uses a sippy cup around house anymore...and he can eat an entire bowl of beans with a spoon and not spill a single drop. To me, that's impressive.

Anyway, at 7:40am my co-worker Steve who I car pool with one day a week came by and picked me up and we headed to work...and here I sit...once again, not in the mood to work but needing to because that's what I'm paid to do..I just thought I would take this quiet moment in the morning to blog it up.

What will the rest of the day hold? Who knows! But I'll be sure to bore your socks off and fill you in later!

No comments: