Sunday, September 14, 2008

"There is No One Else for Me...None but Jesus"

This is what I sang this morning...an incredible testiment of faith. A statement that I felt very unworthy to lead...
As a mother of one, I find myself very focused on my Son. I put an incredible amount of pressure on myself to raise a healthy, well balanced, good man of God and I over analyze every situation he's in, driving myself crazy with the 'what if's'.
I trust God with my money. I trust Him with my future. I trust Him to protect me. I trust Him to sustain me. I trust that He loves me...but a constant struggle of mine is to trust Him with Caden. Somewhere along the line I have made being Caden's mother the most important thing in my life and it is when I re-prioritize (putting God first, Jason second and Caden third) that my life has a utopian feel to it. It's when I feel peace.
"In the quiet, in the stillness I know that you are God. In the moment of my weakness I know You're soverign still. When you call I won't refuse. Each new day again I'll choose. There is no one else for me, none but Jesus. Crucified to set me free, Now I live to bring Him praise."

When life becomes about praising God, it takes the pressure off...and I can breathe easier.

No comments: