Thursday, September 18, 2008

So far...

...so great! Caden is loving is new school. I've noticed a huge change in him in just the 3 days he's been attending. First of all he is sun kissed and dirty as sin when I pick him up, which I LOVE. He looks and wreaks of fun. He's also in a much better mood in the evenings. He is still sleepy from the long day of fun, but we've had 3 evenings in a row that have been totally tantrum-less. He is still a bundle of energy who listens about 60% of the time, squeals for every emotion and is a bit to rough with the cat but that little angry, chaotic, stressed out streak I saw coming about in him has almost completely diminished...it's really amazing the change in his spirit which makes me more relieved then ever that he is where he is.
Amber (a close friend of the fam and long time child care provider at church) is his teacher and I couldn't ask for a better situation. She has been amazing...giving me detailed updates on his days and taking fantastic care of him. Each morning this week he has asked to go to "Amber's school" and when we get to school he is a completely different kid than when I use to drop him off at 'bad school'. Before he use to turn into a statue and I would have to nudge him through the door. When I would try to kiss him and say goodbye he would be completely unresponsive, like he was scared to death. I would leave smiling and drive away crying.
Now he walks in to school like he owns the place, gives me a kiss and says, "Bye Mama!" and aside from being a little scared of bugs on the playground (just like his mama) he has an amazing time. Everyone there is so in tune and connected to the kids. It's a fantastic place. In October, he will be representing Canada in an International Day singing concert. His first little concert! I'm SO EXCITED!
There has been a lot going on in the world this week. On the national scene with big business crashing and in the lives of people I know who could really use a break. All I can say (and I say this to myself daily) is that God is faithful...the bad needs to happen in order for us to relish the good and He is ultimately good. When desperation and hunger ends there is a glorious fullness and satisfaction.
I hate having to work. I hate not being with Caden...but God has created a way for this scenario to be the best it can be for now, and that's fabulous to me.

No comments: