Saturday, September 13, 2008

Seriously?!?!?!?

This is what I was saying to myself while throwing up on Thursday night. This family is ALWAYS sick these days. I may not be the most anal woman in the world when it comes to cleaning my house, but I wouldn't consider our house to be an unhealthy place to live. I vacuum, dust, clorox and clean regularly, especially since we've all started passing germs around like hot potatoes. I am an 'anti-bacterial' machine. Nothing seems to be working. We've even made an effort to eat at home more often and eat out less. We've been packing our lunches and making meal plans for dinners to ensure we're eating more in the comfort of our own home...cutting out the risk of germs from fast food and trying to boost our immune systems with healthy, homemade food...we might as well be licking the floors of the local urgent care centers because inspite of all our efforts, one of us is ALWAYS ill.
Thanks to an awesome husband and awesome friends, I've been able to take the last 24 hours to sleep...and that's literally all I've done. From Thursday night until Saturday morning I pretty much only left the bed to drink gatorade and shower (because I was starting to smell a little). Today I am weak and trying to keep up with my ever-so-demanding toddler whose empathetic side has yet to develop. Tomorrow church set up begins at the crack of dawn and we're right back into another week of craziness.
I'm super psyched about our beach vacation...what beach vacation you ask?
A few months ago we planned a beach getaway to Flagler Beach with some friends from Canada. With 6 people and a kid renting a beach house together, we were able to get a house right on the beach for super dooper cheap! We're very excited for the much needed family getaway. I'm hoping our sickness will be a far distant memory by that time so we can enjoy the fun in the sun with our friends and eachother.
Here's to hoping!
Now I have to do this quiz because I was tagged by Dana and it would be rude not to follow through. If she has time to do it with a toddler and a newborn, I can pull 30 seconds together to do it too:

1. What were you doing ten years ago:

Getting ready to start grade 10.

2. Five things on my to do list for today:

Playing with Caden
Laundry
Brownie eating
Resting
More Laundry

3. What is your favorite snack?

Brownies, double doozies or Chocolate Chip Yo-yo's (Publix's version of double doozies)

4. If I were a millionaire I would:

Pay off debts, take some much needed time off with the fam, bless a lot of people who need some serious cash.

5. Places I have lived:

Green's Harbour, NL, Canada
St. John's, NL, Canada (3 different apartments)
Kitchener, ONT, Canada
St. Catharine's, ONT, Canada
Greenville, SC, USA
Charlotte, NC, USA
Tallahassee, FL, USA (4 different apartments)
Crawfordville, FL, USA
I think that's it...

6. Five people I'm tagging but that won't play along ;-) :

Celine dion
Chuck norris
Big Bird from Sesame Street
Greg from the Wiggles
Super Nanny

No comments: