Thursday, March 13, 2008

One Million Blogs in One

I haven't blogged in a while...I was busy hanging out with the coolest chick I know, My Mom. I had such a great time with my Mother. She spoiled us rotten, helped me paint, organize and deep clean my entire house and kissed the face off of Caden on a daily basis. While she was here I never had to make a meal, wash a dish or even scoop an ounce of cat poop...not because she was expected to do these things...but because she doesn't know how to function if she is not being incredibly helpful. On top of that I loved having someone around all the time...to experience life with Caden, to laugh whether he was being hilarious or hellish. It's always good to laugh.
I was sad to see her go.
Caden keeps wondering where Nan went but luckily we will be heading to Newfoundland in the very near future...and Nan had to leave in order for Aunt Melissa to come and I can't wait to see her! It's been 2 years. Insane.
Life has been exciting lately. God has been revealing alot to me, through many different people and situations. Everything from my peace about starting Caden in 'school' to encouraging words people have spoken to me and over me...to things that are happening all around me...God is constantly affirming that the call on my life hasn't changed....I am so pumped about it. Whether it is facilitated through volunteerism or future occupations, i don't know...but i'm excited, and I need to prepare myself with lots of prayer and lots of scripture. I want to be ready.
I miss Canada today. I watched a documentary tonight about this guy from Canada who after traveling all over the world decided no place was better than his home and native land, so he returned there, bought a house and created 'Canada House'...basically a giant house that only Canadians would understand. It was filled with everything from Terry Fox memorabillia to Ookpiks. They painted the entire house white...right down to the fixtures, window glass and floors, making it look like an igloo. It was awesome.
It is after 11pm...I am a night owl, which is why I'm tired all day long...at least that's what my mother thinks. So I will tell myself what she would tell me if she were still here:
"Kathy, get off that stupid computer and go to bed!"

No comments: