Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chapters

I just checked out my entry from March 20, 2005.
I had mono REALLY bad.
I also had no clue I would be pregnant 3 months into the future. I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I was unsatisfied with my job and was begging God to show me my purpose. 3 months later the test was positive.
And that's been my purpose, heart and soul ever since. Growing, loving and raising a little man. I've been blessed to have spent close to every waking moment with my boy over the last 2 years and it's been satisfying, uplifting, life changing and incredible. Watching a child grow from infancy to toddlerhood has been amazing and I know it will only become more astounding as he becomes a man.
I worked as a freelance makeup artist in a cute boutique yesterday and on Monday I start my data entry position. I'm a little too excited to get started, but I'm also scared and nervous. I've been doing the 'mom' thing for so long it's intimidating to think about getting back out there and being something besides Caden's mom. There's also a tinge of guilt that comes along with leaving your child...which I'm sure every mother feels regardless of their situation. Luckily it's only 4 days a week in the office and one day from home. The days should be max 5 hours and those hours are mine for the choosing. Time away from your child is refreshing and necessary but it's also hard to imagine what you might be missing while you're seperated.
But in the words of Caden, 'Yay school!'
I'm looking forward to dressing up for work. I'm looking forward to my cubicle and taking advantage of the on-site gym. I'm excited about contributing financially and taking some stress off of Jay. I'm pumped. I am 80% excited, 15% nervous and 5% scared...but I am 100% content which is all one can ask for in this life.
So Monday starts a new chapter.
Thank goodness I don't have mono.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True about the mono. But you might suck at typing and get fired.