Saturday, December 15, 2007

We're Back

We've returned from our week long trip 6 days early.
Don't ask....
But since you're probably wondering what happened, I'll create a visual for you.

Caden is generally amazing in the car and he is also an amazing pooper, going about 5times a day (TMI?)
Anyway, on the way to Atlanta he has his first ever episode of constipation and screamed for alot of the 5 hour drive.
We get to Julie's and a few hours later guests start arriving for Julie's Christmas cookie party and Caden is all ready for bed. Julie's husband graciously offered to watch the little ones upstairs during the party and when it came time for Caden to go to bed, be began screaming bloody murder....not just crying....flat out hyperventilating. So I went up to comfort him and let him know I was right outside and that he was safe...I leave the room and within 2 minutes he had worked himself up so much that he vomitted EVERYWHERE!
I get him cleaned up...meanwhile all the party people are downstairs...and they very sweetly and understandingly tell me to bring him on down to join the party. So he does...until midnight! He just would not calm down and go to sleep.
So he went down at 12, I went down at 12:30 and at 4:30 he woke up screaming again. I took him into bed with me and he tossed, turned, kicked and managed to take up an entire double bed with his 25 pound body....it would have been comical if I wasn't so exhausted.
I lay there watching him take up my entire bed and thought, "Should I really drive another 4 hours away from home if everynight is going to be like this, or should we pack it up and go back home?"
Everyone I sought advice from told me to head back to Florida.
So I did.
He was golden on the way home...never made a peep....and although it took him a while to go to sleep last night, he eventually did and slept in until 8:30 this morning.
I'm really sad that I didn't get to see my friends in Charlotte but I am glad to be home. Caden is a good little boy, he is just very set in his ways...like a little old man.
Jay was secretly thrilled to have us back and Dakota was beside herself with glee to see Caden come through the door...so it's all good.
In spite of all the drama it was really nice to see Julie and the family and even though Ava made Caden a little nervous from time to time (because of his baby/toddler phobia) he did give her a big sloppy kiss before leaving.
So I apologize to anyone who was anticipating our arrival up North. We'll try it again a little later on.

No comments: