Monday, December 10, 2007

Traveling Circus

Caden and I will be leaving Tally on Thursday morning for a week long adventure to the 3 states north of here. We will first head to Atlanta for some much anticipated time with the Osteig Family. From there (on Saturday) we will head to Gastonia, NC for a wedding...well, perhaps just a wedding reception because Caden is not a sit-in-church-and-be-quiet kind of kid. That night we'll head to Desmond and Kristy's where we will stay until Wednesday at which time we'll start making our way home, stopping for lunch in Greenville, SC with friends from the ol' stompin grounds and we'll spend one last night in Atlanta before making it all the way home on Thursday of next week.
I'm a bit anxious as to how Caden will do with the sleeping arrangements...he doesn't do well in a pac-n-play and he hasn't really been sleeping well in his own crib lately so it should be an adventure. He really isn't that bad in the car so the journey itself shouldn't be too taxing...I say this now...talk to me next week when we're in the middle of our 20th hour of driving.
I'm really excited to see my peeps. I anticipate fun, great conversation, alot of laughter and tea...lots of tea. Plus it will be nice to experience some lesser degrees of warmth during the holiday season. I even bought Caden a down filled coat today. How exciting that he may actually get a chance to wear it!
I need to go to the store now and get some tomatoes and lettuce. The husband is apparantly craving BLT's for dinner tonight. Adios.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, considering today was almost 80 i caden may not need a winter coat :( hopefully it will cool down again before you get here!! give me a call one day and we'll do dinner!!!

The Secret of Happiness said...

We could always drug him a little to help him sleep...

Kathy said...

True that ;)