Wednesday, December 05, 2007

On the Mend

After a shot of anti-biotics and a shot of steroids, Jay is feeling much better today. I am still going through 100 tissues a day but am also feeling much better. Caden has been 100% for a while. He is much tougher than his parents.
I just cleaned the floor on my hands and knees. I love the smell of pinesol. It's so strong it is penitrating my blocked sinuses. Mmmmm. Pine fresh.
I'm not a big fan of mops. Elbow grease is the way to go.

I've decided that in order to be a full-time stay at home mom I need Jesus, caffeine and children's television. The three get me through the day. I grew up watching 'Sharon, Lois and Braham' and I turned out ok. Plus Caden has learned alot from some of his shows. He's even been trying to count...one, two, three sounds like ga, ga, gee but he is trying!

We had Caden's Christmas photo shoot in the park last night and it was pretty funny. Lance has alot of patience. He took about 130 photos in 20 minutes. With his skill and the sheer quantity of photos there's bound to be at least one gem among them.
I feel so behind with my Christmas prep. No decorations are up, there are no lights on the house, and everyday when it comes time for Caden to sleep (which is the only time to get any of these things done) I don't want to do anything but sit and decompress. I need to just buckle down and do it...after all, Christmas waits for no one.

2 comments:

Dana said...

You are still my coolest friend but the thought that that precious baby boy doesn't have a Christmas tree to look at makes me want to drive down there and decorate your gorgeous house myself!

Stephanie said...

I know what you mean about nap time being the only time to be able to get stuff done... and by the time that comes around, you don't feel like doing anything... or you just use that time to take a shower!

Hope you're ALL feeling 100% soon!