Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

Christmas Eve Caden and I brought Jason to work and headed to Micah's house for some hang outage. Micah, Caden and I ventured out on operation Christmas Dinner, heading to Publix and the Fresh Market to pick up some delectable treats. Then we made Christmas tree cookies out of Rice Krispie Treats while Caden ate dog biscuits.
It was fun times.
Then we picked Jay up and headed home. Caden and I went home and cleaned up while Jay went to Walmart to get some last minute presents for Caden and a sweet card for me.
After Caden went to bed we had our yummy Christmas eve feast. I wish I could do all my shopping at the fresh market. It was delicious.
We put the gifts under the tree (not the ones from Santa of course...they came after we were asleep) and then we went to bed.
At 6am we were awoken by an angry, screaming baby. Since it was Christmas we decided that was just as good a time as any to start the day. When we went to get Caden we realized that the alarm clock in the room across from his went off at 6am, blaring Christmas music into his room. This would make any toddler ticked on Christmas morning.
He quickly got over it and ran towards his presents. (Video in previous entry)
After ripping everything open, we ate a yummy breakfast prepared by Chef Jason and we pretty much did a big fat nothing all day long. Caden had a pretty crabby day...I guess when you wake up on the wrong side of the crib, there's nothing that can be done...but all in all it was a Nice, relaxing day. We watched Christmas TV and ate alot of brownies and pie. Caden went to bed and Jay and I watched VH1's "Best Songs of the 90's" which brought back some fun memories and reminded us of our age difference. He'd say, "This song was popular my first year in college."
Then I'd say, "Ya, it was popular when I was in grade 7."
Funny.
Here are some photos from after dinner play in the back yard. And yes, it was actually cold enough for Caden to be wearing a hat!
"I love my new bike!"

"Brrrrrrrrr, what is this sensation I am feeling?"

Wagon Races.

Like Father, Like Son

Stick to the motorcycle Jay.

"Move it Kid! It's my turn!"

oh my

Jay thinks he looks snaggled toothed here. I have no makeup on, I didn't brush my hair and I look really sleepy. A match made in heaven.

No makeup, but the best pic I've been able to get with Caden to date.

"Night, Night Christmas!"

These are my 600 thread count sheets from my husband. We couldn't let them sit under the tree another minute. They are SO comfy, and the perfect colour. Good job Jay!


To everyone back home, I miss you and wish we were with you for the holidays. I wish I was gorging myself on mom's tea ring and chocolate cake. I wish we were laughing at each other and visiting the Fagner house, where Sharon would try pawning off her chocolates and we would play the newest board game. I miss Christmas in Newfoundland. If Jay is ever out of the retail business, we'll get home for the holidays. Actually, having Jay home for an entire day was the best Christmas present. He's been working so hard and for such long hours, whenever we get to spend a full day together we're reminded of how much we enjoy each others company.
So YAY Christmas. You came, we laughed, we loved, we played, we ate. See you next year.

No comments: