Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tomorrow I'll do it better

Last night I lay in bed completely disappointed in how I spent the day that God had given me. I didn't play or laugh enough with my Son. I didn't love on my family as deeply as I could have. I didn't eat very well, I didn't take care of my body. I didn't read my bible and I didn't pray...at least not until it was dark and quiet...at which time I asked God to forgive me for wasting a precious day. For letting my headache get the better of my attitude. For watching 'E!News' instead of reading The Word. For getting incredibly frustrated with my Son's temper tantrums. For taking my frustrations out on my husband by acting like a complete zombie when he came home from work.
The older I get the more I cherish life and time and the people I spend it with. The older I get the more aware I am that I have no way of determining how much time I have with my precious family and friends. I'm semi-thankful for this dismal outlook because most days it makes me seize the moment....it makes it impossible for me to allow my husband to leave the house without knowing he is loved more than words....it causes me to basque in the little things, like cuddling with my Son or laughing at his silliness.
Somehow I lost this perspective yesterday.
Thankfully in the stillness of the night I was reminded by a gentle voice from the heavens to love and live everyday as though it's all I've got and I promised myself amidst the tears on my pillow, "Tomorrow I'll do it better."

No comments: