Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 6

I've had this dull but constant headache for about 6 days now. Despite various attempts with naps, cold cloths, generous head squeezes from my husband and medication, it continues to return with a force that is not to be reckoned with. I think it's the weather. blah.
Anyway, yesterday I was washing dishes and I looked outside and saw the biggest, nastiest spider I had ever seen. At first I thought a frog had gotten caught in a spider web because the thing looked way to big to be a spider but alas, it was. Big fat nasty spider.
Then I looked above him and there was another one...I looked to the side and there was one more. At the end of my count, I saw about 8 vicious attack spiders starring at me while I washed the dishes. I got really nervous. Were they moving in on me? Were they planning on attacking?
I went to Walmart to buy killing spray and called Jay, informing him that he was to go on a death spree when he got home.
I went to a meeting at church and arrived home around 9:30. Jay was sitting on the couch exhausted from his evening of killing. Apparantly there were hundreds of these huge spiders outside...all over the air conditioner, in every corner of the house and where I had spotted the, above the kitchen window. He used the entire can of spray to kill them and then he beat down their homes with a broom.
I know it sounds mean, but they totally started it!
This morning as Caden and I were heading out to the playground, we could see the dead, nasty spider bodies being eaten by hundred of ants....This is my least favorite about Florida.
Kathy + Bugs = terrified.
Me of them and them of me. It's a vicious cycle.
And with that I bid you farewell because my son is playing drums on the lamp.

No comments: