Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Turf War

Bring it on!
I put my Mary Kay business card on the bulletin board at our apartment complex and within 48 hours another woman had put her Mary Kay card right beneath mine. I contemplated removing it, but I remembered God was watching and left it alone.
The following day I notice that my card was gone and she has three cards on the board!
I snatched her cards off and stomped to my car...feeling convicted I immediatly turned around and put her cards back up. I still have a tendency to picture God as an angry old man with a stick and I really didn't want to be struck from the heavens.
My husband however removed the business cards and ripped them up, all the while stiffleing an evil laugh.
So I decided that instead of putting my cards on that particular bulletin board, I would put some on the bulletin board on the other side of the complex. So far so good...but I'm still looking over my shoulder and sleeping with one eye open.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny...

The Secret of Happiness said...

You both have equal opportunity to advertise on the bulletin boards.
I would be very interested to see what would happen if you put a notice up on the board apologizing for possibly moving in on her business putting the ball in her court leaving her to decide if she's going to do dirty business.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

maybe somebody wants to give you business but didn't have paper to write down your info so they took your card for themselves but haven't called yet. i'm just sayin'...:) it's a possibility...