Sunday, March 11, 2007

Starting Over...again and again and again....

Tomorrow I attempt to begin a weightloss regimine. Today I purge my cabinets of sugary foods. Tonight we go grocery shopping for fat-free this and multi-grain that. I love food. I love sweets. Chocolate, caramel, icing...these are my friends.
I think breaking a junk food addiction is similar to stopping smoking or any other devastating habit. I do really well up until Caden's afternoon nap. As soon as I put him down I go on the food rampage. This is what Satan uses to tempt me and make me feel bad about myself. Not cool.
My back is at the point now where I can begin working out again. My gym membership starts up again on March 23rd and if Caden will behave himself in the kidz zone, I am all set.
If you go back and scan my blogs you will see about 20 entries like this over the past 3 years. Ugh.
I just hope I can stick it out this time. I'm not very trustworthy in this department, constantly making promises to myself that I never keep, but as I was bathing suit shopping this week I realized that I am never going to be comfortable in my own skin until I can loose some of it.
Ugh...wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy! Good luck on your venture, One way I think helps keep you accountable for what you are eating is to keep a food log and post it somewhere or send it to someone (whoever) at the end of the day, so during the day you think...hmmm..do I really want to have to post this item? just a tip...good luck friend!
angela

Johnny said...

I love food so much I hate it. My problem is that I allow myself to talk to me, instead of me talking to myself.

The touchest times for me are when I somehow justify eating junk as if dessert is one of the healthy food groups that has to accompany lunch and dinner.

This may sound wacko, but I have learned how to stop listening to myself when it talks to me, and start talking to myself before myself gets a chance to run its mouth, or whatever it is that's talking.

You'll do great!

Johnny

Honeydew said...

Hey...Good luck! Even if you don't start losing weight right away give it a couple of days and you'll start feeling a lot better. No more tugging on the clothes! Now that spring is here and the snow is almost gone I've actually decided to stop going to the gym and start doing stuff with Gerry in the evenings. Go for walks, play badminton, etc. 40 minutes of cardio, a shower and eating in a lunch hour beats me out!