Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's 9 O'clock on a Saturday....

Actually it's 11 o'clock on a Wednesday but I can't seem to get that Billy Joel tune out of my head.
Another dissapointing American Idol tonight with the return of Sanjiya (spelling?)
Honestly, who is voting for this guy?
Today wasn't as bad as yesterday. Mostly because I didn't leave my apartment...or take off my pjs for that matter. A very unproductive day in the life of me. With the entire Stock clan home sick today, we pretty much all sat around and did absolutly nothing....this rarely happens so I don't feel too guilty about it. I was wearing my Rod Stewart shirt all day and Caden kept looking at the life size picture of Rod's face and laughing hysterically at him. It was pretty funny.
I'm hoping and praying his little ear infections are better soon. He is not a happy camper when he's sick. Today he threw a fit for about 10 minutes because I took the TV remote from him. Is this the begining of the tantrum phase? It's hard because he understands the word 'no' (and adheres to it 50% of the time) but I feel like he is still too young to truly understand discipline. It frustrates me that I can't have a conversation with him about why his actions are not acceptable. Yesterday I told him I was going to put him in 'time out' and he just looked at me with this goofy look as if to say, "Mama, I don't understand a word you just said." It was pretty funny. I laughed at myself. I guess the only thing I can do now is work with what I've got and not react to his fits so he knows they are pointless. Who knows. I don't think any parent knows exactly what to do in these situations but we just try our best. I don't pretend to be one of those mom's who has all the answers. I certainly am not a baby expert but I can rest in knowing that I'm the best Mom Caden's got.
I have a feeling God is going to get back at me for saying, "My child will never act like that." I also know he's not feeling well and that he doesn't have any words so whining and crying and yelling are his ways of expressing his negative emotions. I can't wait till he is old enough for me to say, "I can't hear you when you're whining." Jay and I have some great oneliners planned for the future.
Well I should go. Sitting at the computer is one of the things that hurts my back the most (who would have guessed?) so I'm needing to pace myself from my blogging addiction. Tomorrow I have to help decorate that genesischurch annex for the St. Patricks Day breakfast on Saturday and I have a lunch date with Kris and her 6 kids, which she homeschools by the way. I marvel at that woman.
Adios Amigos.

No comments: