Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's December

Ok, when did that happen? Life is FLYING past me at lightening speeds. I once heard it said that the faster time goes, the older you are. Makes sense.
I know I said I would post thanksgiving pictures, and trust me, I will...but time has not allowed itself since returning to Tally. We got home Saturday night, washed some clothes, unpacked what we needed for the next day and proceeded to go to sleep because Sunday mornings come early. The next day started at 5:30 and was an all day church affair. After getting home at 4pm we had some much needed family time in the evening followed by lunch packing, more laundry doing and an early bed time.
Monday, I left for work before 8am and got home at 11pm. Tuesday, we accidentally all slept in till 7:30, so it was a mad rush to leave the house. We got home at 6pm, made dinner, bathed Caden, cleaned up, did the remainder of the 600 lbs of laundry and collapsed into bed. Now it's Wednesday...and I have 9 hours of work, 15 minutes for Amber and I to scarf down some drive through followed by One Night at church...so I'll be getting home pretty late again. All of this to say, sorry there are no pics up. There will be soon, I promise! So far tomorrow night is free and my laptop and I shall sit down to watch some brainless television, sip some tea and upload photos.
Today has been pretty fun at work. GASP! Kathy is speaking positively about work!!!
The truth is I've begun living and feeling as lucky and blessed as I am. Sure, I miss Caden and would be home with him full-time again in a heartbeat, but he's in an amazing school that he LOVES. He cheers in the mornings when he gets to go and talks about his friends continuously. I've matured and realize that during the week, I get to see him at his crabbiest moments, and that's ok. I'll love him through his post-school fatigue and look forward to the weekends when it is all mama, all the time.
Work is actually a great thing. Aside from a pay cheque, I work with really nice people who encourage me and pray for me and make me feel special. Apparently, Christmas is a big deal at Datamaxx. I received a 10 day calendar of fun work day events including free food, treats from secret elves and 'decorate your cubicle'. I've got it really good.
Funny conversation today with the receptionist, went something like this:

Receptionist: "What are you doing for Christmas, Kathy?"

Me: "I'm going to Canada. That's where I'm from."

Receptionist: "WOW! I would have had no idea! Now, is 'Canadia' colder than here?

Me: "Um..yes...much colder."

Receptionist: "And 'Canadia' is not part of America, right?"

Me: "No...no it's not."

Receptionist: "So you're not American?!?"

Me: "No, I'm a permanent resident."

Receptionist: "I would have had no idea."

3 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

wow. i am not sure what to say about that conversation, but i want to say something.

in addition to thanksgiving pictures, i would also like to see a picture of your festively decorated cubicle.

love

Kathy said...

I can make that happen! There is a conspiracy amongst my cubemates who want to remove Mr. T. from the manger scene...I am constantly looking over my shoulder ;)

The Secret of Happiness said...

Ba ha ha ha ha!!!

I love it!!