Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Excuse me, but....

I need a moment to whine. If you have no patience or empathy for whiners, please don't continue to read on. Tune in tomorrow or the next time I update.
I HATE COMMUTING! I hate living in Crawfordville and I hate spending 1.5 hours (minimum) in my car daily with a screaming toddler. I love the screamer, I hate the screaming.
I feel as though I will be a better mother, wife and all around person when I am not soiled by the negativity of being trapped in my car so much. My house is always a disaster because when I'm not at work, I am on route to and from. I'm sick of it.
I'm sick of having no control over when my house is going to sell. I'm sick of people being terrified to buy real estate because the media predicts so much doom and gloom when really now (if you're financially stable) is the best time to buy!
I'm sick of living in a town so far from everyone and everything. I'm done.
The drive makes me bitter and angry. I pray constantly to be delivered from this situation and I know it's only a matter of time...and I know what my attitude should be and that I must be patient while God brings His perfect will to fruition but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sick and tired.
I'm thankful to have a home when people are homeless. I'm more than thankful for the memories we've made there. I will honestly miss, and probably even cry when we sell our home to someone else...but I also know that it's just wood and carpet and that a house doesn't make a home...I know how much better off we'll be once we're done with it. Done with the mortgage we can't afford and the constant commuting. Done with the worry of 'what if something breaks, how will we fix it?' Done with the isolation and not being able to do anything because we live so far away and we'll be out far past Caden bed time. Every time we want to do something it's a total circus act. We are a logistical nightmare...and I don't like what it's doing to us. We're gaining weight from always having to eat out, we're tired all the time, we're sick every other week...we're just flying at a pace that's way too fast because it takes us forever to get from point A to point B and back again.
I want to be able to go home for lunch...I actually lust over this thought daily. I want my car to stop looking like trash can because we practically live out of it. It's littered with Caden's snacks to pacify him on the long drive home when he's tired and hungry, take out bags from dinners and breakfasts on-the-go, changes of clothes because we're never close enough to home...and countless other things that make living on the run possible.
I'm done with it. It's too chaotic, even for me...and that's saying something!
I know the only thing that can change this is prayer...and I know that there are far more pressing issues in this world than the sale of Kathy's house, but if you have a moment...even where you sit right now...please pray over this for us. You have prayed with me over Jay's job and Caden's school and God has miraculously come to our aid in these scenarios. I know He listens to us...and if ever, EVER you need prayer within your life, call me. I know from your example that prayer is powerful.
I am smart enough to know that the grass isn't always greener on the other side...and I know that all of my problems won't disappear the minute our address changes...but I want to spend more time with my family and I want to be able to have a livable home that I get to spend time in. I want to live close to friends, work, church and civilization. Sharing a car and commuting 45 minutes one way in order to do anything is absolute insanity and I'm just worn out. I also could jump for joy at the thought of renting again. Being a home owner is awesome if you're prepared...otherwise, stay where you are! Being house poor isn't worth having a house.
I know the Hebrews prayed for hundreds of years for deliverance in Egypt...I hope it doesn't take that long to sell this house...but if my great grandchildren are still trying to unload this property I hope it's because they will inherit some kind of promise land.

1 comment:

Amy Fitz said...

Hang in there, girl! People are praying with you on this issue too. :) And by the way...it's okay to whine/vent every once in awhile :)