Thursday, December 25, 2008

Highlights of Christmas

- Making cookies with Caden on christmas eve.
- Watching 'It's a wonderful life' with Jay while sipping tea and eating Christmas cookies by the warm light of our teeny, tiny, artifical tree.
- Waking up Christmas morning after 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. A true Christmas miracle.
- Watching the excitement and wonder in Caden's eyes while he opened his presents.
- Watching him open his drum set and listening to him play ALL DAY LONG...ok, maybe I enjoyed watching him open it more than listening to it :) Although he is quite talented if I do say so myself.
- Listening to Caden playing with his new toys...he received a remote control dinosaur that he chased Dakota with and said, "Dinosaur's going to get you, Da-kA!" He also received playdoh which he calls, "Tomato" even after much correction and a matchbox car shaped like a 70's volkswagon van and he says, 'COME ON CHILDREN! TIME TO RIDE THE BUS!!'
- Seeing what an incredible job my husband did to 'Save Christmas'...he is amazing.
- Drinking the gingerbread tea that I got in my stocking.
- Yummy Christmas dinner that we managed to pull together last minute.
- Eating Christmas cookies like they're going out of style.
- Remembering Christmas is about Jesus being born and not about where I get to spend it.

No comments: