Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Run Forest, RUN!

I ran for 10 minutes today! This has never, ever happened in my life. I don't think I've ever made it 3 minutes when jogging. I finally felt what I've heard so many runners talk about..."I hit my stride"
I was using the gym at work and I stole my husbands IPOD. I started listening to Family Force Five and it made me want to run. The more I listened, the more I ran...and I think I could have kept going except that my pants were not cooperating and I thought I was going to loose them and hurt myself in a freak pants-around-the -ankles-treadmill incident. I also forgot socks, so my toes were rubbing causing some painfulness.
After a Bruce Springsteen cool down I realized the key to an exciting and fun work out is exciting and fun music!
I will continue to steal Jay's IPOD on a regular basis.

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

Download Hannah Montana's "Make Some Noise." The song is about 4.5 minutes long. I play that a few times and the time goes pretty quickly.

Anonymous said...

do you still have my family force five cd?