Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lord, Give me the Strength to Deal With This Precious Little Angel...


That's my prayer lately...in the midst of tantrums and fits. For a long time I believed that toddlers who threw tantrums were the product of bad parenting. I now know that it's rough being a toddler...so many emotions and discoveries in the midst of a limited vocabulary and a strengthening will. It's also not easy being a parent, and I am realizing (via a slap in the face by God for everytime I said, 'My child will not act like that.') that most good parents are just trying to do the best with what they have. That sometimes, we all loose our cool. We all have a word or a moment with our children we normally wouldn't had our buttons not been pushed so hard for so long. That although there are a million parenting books and a hundred know-it-all mom's out there with countless tips, there is no right or wrong way to deal with tantrums, picky eaters, aggressive kids, nite-nite fights, and the billions of other battles we fight as parents and kids...you need to spend enough time with your child to know him/her and do the best you can with what you have.
Luckily, they have faces that look like this, which makes it much easier to deal with them when they are being ugly.

1 comment:

sarah jewett clarke said...

jeff saw that last picture and said "oh my gosh. it's a little jason."

you are a fantastic mother. you are doing a great job at this child-raising stuff.

lovelove.