Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wired

It's past midnight and for some reason, I feel like it's noon. I am wide awake and I can't even fathom going to sleep right now. Not sure why...
I guess I will take this time to keep you updated as to my coming's and going's. I'm still writing a book, watching a baby a few days a week, singing at the restaurant on the weekends, volunteering at church all the while being a wife and mother. I'm loving my life and am quite content. I'm being pushed, pulled and mauled spiritually and it's a wonderful (although at times painful and uncomfortable) place to be. I love how balanced my life is right now...I'm able to work and bring in some moula but still be with Caden the majority of the time and have dates with my husband. Caden is taking June and July off from school so we will be starting swimming lessons tomorrow! I'm excited. Should be cute.
We are going on month 4 of having a roommate and honestly, we love it. It's been a blessing to all of us...I can't speak for Amber, but she has blended in with our family more perfectly than any of us could have imagined. We're all very blessed to have her in our lives and in our home.
In the words of my husband: "Amber, she's a good egg."
Speaking of the husband, Jay is doing a phenomenal job in his new occupation and feels as though (at least for right now) he has found his 'thing'. I couldn't be more pleased for him or proud of him. The respect that I have for that man is unexplainable...I think he's a rock star...maybe that's weird or cheesy, but I can't help but look at him and wonder, "How in the world did I get so lucky?"
It's been weird not having him around as much because he's been working so diligently, everyday except for Sundays...and since I have church marathon for 5 hours on Sundays, we haven't been able to have a full, uninterrupted family day since he started...but I am taking the month of June off from church duties and soon we will all be heading to Newfoundland for a much needed family vacation.
Caden and I will be flying up together on June 12th. I'm excited, nervous and anxious to get that part of the journey over with. I have now learned that just because you have a plane ticket, doesn't guarantee you'll get to where you want to go...especially if you need to take three planes to get there. I am praying that my day looks exactly as it does on my travel itinerary, if not better.
I can't wait to get there. My mother calls daily to give me the count down and talk to Caden about all of the fun things they are going to do together. I swear, that 61 year old woman has more energy than I've ever had. They chat on the phone about how they are going to play, bake cookies, ride bike, visit goats...there's much on the agenda. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. Did I mention, I can't wait?
Caden is a very smart, well behaved, hilarious, ENERGETIC, passionate, beautiful, caring, fun little boy. I couldn't ask for a sweeter kid. He truly is amazing. To anyone who said the 'three's' are worse than the 'two's' I couldn't disagree more. I LOVE this age. If only I had the ability to freeze time.
The house sale is chuggin along. We've got an excellent team of professionals backing us up and walking us through this process. I drove out to the house on Friday to take a look at things and was affirmed once again in the fact that as unfortunate as things turned out, we made the right choice. When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade...and our lemonade turned out pretty darn good.
Today's message at church was pretty fantasmo. It resonated with a lot of what I've been learning, grasping and needing lately...about how obedience isn't about getting it right all the time...it's about listening for and turning to God whether we've done something perfectly or messed it up royally. I'm feeling a lot of spiritual pressure coming off my shoulders...not because I suddenly feel justified in sin but because I am feeling less and less like I have to earn the grace and love and favour that I already have. It's liberating.
Well, it is almost 1:00am and although I am still very alert, I am going to try and go to bed...I have a baby girl coming in the morning and if I know Caden, he's going to want to play music with her all morning and I need to be well rested to endure all of that noise!
Until next time my friends...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling the world my age.But i don't feel or act 61. Is that a good thing?