Monday, February 16, 2009

Piano Girl

I am in love with my new job. I make more in 3 hours than I did in 2 days at my last job and it's the gig I've wanted forever. I am having a blast and the crazy thing is...people love it! I was honestly a bit scared that someone who knows what they are talking about was going to walk in, hear me playing and call me out for being mediocre...I don't say that as a way of fishing for compliments, but I know that every musical ability in my body is from God alone and has nothing to do with my own strength or talent. Thankfully, He has been allowing me to use His gifts in this way and it has already lead me into a few, "How did you learn to play the piano?" conversations...which gives me an opportunity to give credit where credit is due.
The money is pretty fantastic too. I just show up, sit behind a baby grand and a microphone, play whatever I want for 3-4 hours while people eat expensive food. It's so easy going and relaxing and everyone seems to be happy with the arrangement. The owner is thrilled, I'm having a blast and people seem to enjoy the added touch to the atmosphere.
The drive is a bit much but when we move into Tallahassee it will be a breeze.
I began packing today. We don't have an offer on the house yet, but I believe a step of faith is needed so I purged the closets, packed up some pictures and trinkets and made a trip to the goodwill with four bags of stuff (after making a fort with Caden made of old sheets and blankets).
I've had several people ask me if I have started packing so I figured it was the right move.
I haven't received the book contract yet but I'm sure it will be here soon. Tomorrow I am going to nail out a massive chunk of time for writing. Last week was so insane, writing did not happen. I have been jotting down some ideas on route using a note pad so I'm excited to jump back in with both feet.
I'm also excited about chai tea at the coffee pub. Yum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gift(s) will make room for you. Your world is being expanded to touch others through music and soon through the book.

I'm so happy to hear how you are having a blast. It makes something much more enjoyable to do if you have fun while doing it.

My musical talents are limited to:

All cows eat grass ACEG
All cars eat gas ACEG
Every good boy does fine EGBDF

and a few other things I remember from high school chorus. You can see I learned a lot - hehe.

jny said...

If you're there tomorrow around 2:45 I will see you!

Anonymous said...

wahoo - so happy for you:D!!!