Sunday, February 22, 2009

Embracing the Light

I am embracing the light at the end of the tunnel. This time next week I will be blogging from our new place in Tallahassee. The first place we had hoped for would not accept our animals, but we found an even better one...a townhouse with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms in a complex with a pool, close enough to Jay's office for him to walk to work. This is an important aspect considering we share a car. No more crazy commutes, trying to figure out how to make it all work.
Less time on the road means less damage to the car and less traffic tickets. Always a good thing.
Amber, a member of our framily (framily is a friend that is more like family...I made that word up myself) will be living with us! I'm so excited about this. She'll have the room on the main floor and the rest of us will be upstairs. She is such an awesome addition to our lives and even now Caden says from time to time, "Where's Ms. Amber? Ms. Amber is not home yet!"
Obviously, he thinks she lives here already.
Caden is excited about his new house and his new room. He keeps asking if it's Saturday yet. I hope the transition goes well for him. I'm sure it will. He loves new and exciting things...and he certainly will love being in the car less!
This week will be spent packing and planning, transferring phone lines and selling stuff on craigslist.

2 comments:

Micah Vandegrift said...

cant wait to have you all up here again. maybe then we could hang out at night sometime! lets go see a movie.

The Secret of Happiness said...

I wish I could be there to help. Glad things are working out:)