Monday, February 09, 2009

I don't have much...our house is small and it's in a rural, country, dirt road neighbourhood. My clothes are either from a discount store, the goodwill or someone else's closet. I didn't finish college and I don't have a lot of money in the bank. I do not have six-pack abs, 20/20 vision or clear skin.
But I am loved...by my God who created me for the soul purpose of knowing me. By my husband who respects me and honors me daily. We have never raised our voices at one another and we have never threatened to leave one another. We are best friends and what we have is rare and precious. By my son, who lights up my life daily and whose smile melts my heart. He's devastatingly handsome already and he has a compassionate heart for people. I see God all over him.
I've been judged and looked down upon as being lower middle class, unsuccessful and scatterbrained. Outside looking in, that is accurate. My resume is somewhat sad. We move a lot. We change jobs a lot. We hate being homeowners. One day we want to live in Africa, other days we want to move closer to family. We change our minds whenever the wind shifts.
But you know what, who cares! You only live once...might as well do it right...and sometimes that takes some trial and error. Show me Your will O Lord...even if it seems like non-sense, I'll take it over anything else. This may not make sense. It's late.
The point is, we can define ourselves by what others see or we can define ourselves by what we know, through the eyes of Christ.
I choose the latter. I am blessed beyond measure.

3 comments:

Dana said...

unsuccessful? scatterbrained? You are one of the funniest, kindest, smartest, most talented and wonderful people I know. Not sure who thinks those things but they obviously have never actually talked to you!

And as far as Caden being “devastatingly handsome,” of course he is! Look at his parents!

Anonymous said...

Don't look at yourself through the eyes of others. Look at yourself through the eyes of God (I'm working on this so realize that you aren't alone).

You are a heavenly creation (literally) and there is only one of you - no carbon copies.

In God's infinite wisdom, your heavenly "design" is as it should be.

You may see yourself as falling short in areas of accomplishments that the world puts value on BUT what really matters is what the Lord values in you.

Your love and generosity towards others is the true mark of who you are inside. This is priceless (cannot be valued high enough) to the Lord.

You touch lives through your music and song. The anointing on you is more precious than gold or silver.

Caden - is a little angel. He brings smiles to so many faces. One day a little girl is going to be captured by that smile. Look out Mommy - you have a "stop dead in your tracks good looking young man" on your hands!

Anonymous said...

Kathy I read your blogs every now and again and lately I have been struggling with some decisions... They are tough and I'm afriad to make the wrong choice but thanks for the reminder that We have a God who loves us!