Friday, June 20, 2008

Recent Things I've Learned:

- A well organized shopping list made in the exact order of the aisles at Walmart may sound OCD but it makes for a quick, productive trip in and out of the store with a well behaved and pleasant toddler.

- 'Shout Advanced' is a miracle worker.

- 'Scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner' is not.

- When my child acts out I need to ask myself 3 questions: Is he hungry? Is he sleepy? Is he bored? The answer to one of these will be 'yes'.

- I cannot control how people perceive me or my family and I can't waste my time worrying about it, even if what they think is wrong or unjustified.

- Craigslist is the best thing since sliced bread.

- Protein in the morning makes me less hungry during the day.

- Neutrogena spray tan for $8.99 at Walmart is a BAD idea...if you see me walking around in jeans while it's 100 degree outside it's because I look like I have a skin discolouration disorder.

- Tater Tots work as a great substitute for mashed potatoes in a shepherds pie.

- When work says your time sheet has to be submitted by 12 on Friday, don't submit it 12:21 or you won't get paid.

- Running a business is really hard and I am glad I don't have to do it.

- When Caden says, "Day Days" he is asking for cereal bars. I'm really glad I figured that out.

- Bangs are AWESOME.

- Finding a babysitter is one of the hardest tasks on the planet.

- Bathing the cat is best left to a professional animal groomer.

- Myspace, facebook, blogger, typepad, wordpress and whatever else is out there is NOT a mature way of letting someone know you're upset with them.

- Although the grass may be mostly weeds, when it's mowed you really can't tell!

- Bugs are evil...I would like to say that I am sad about the world wide decrease of the honey bee population, but I'm not.

- If you're not careful, no matter how many times you get away with it, you will eventually get a speeding ticket. (I learned this on Wednesday)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

Here is a great instructional video on how to wash a cat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9QwK5EHSmg

Anonymous said...

hey....craigslist is great...but you should also check out kijiji.com