Saturday, June 07, 2008

Laying Low

Today Caden and I are not leaving the house. He usually has a few meltdowns on days when we stay home, where he goes to the door and whines, "Go?" over and over until we go somewhere...not today though. I think he is just as sick of 'going' as I am.
We've been non-stop going for the past few weeks and today is a good day to stay home and do nothing. Well, I unpacked, cleaned up and did laundry so I guess that's not 'nothing' but I haven't washed my face or brushed my hair yet today and I feel good about it.
Monday begins a week of healthy eating. Travelling caused me to go a little overboard with the eating and it's starting to catch up with me. I've gotta nip it in the bud now before I start busting out of my clothes :)
I feel so much better about Caden and his ability to adjust to new situations. This was our first major trip since he was 7 months old and he did great. Now I'm super psyched to go to New York in the middle of July! This is a great year for visits.
I have however decided to go to Saskatchewan alone in mid August. As well as Caden did, I couldn't have remained sain without Jay and one thing we learned about Caden is that when he travels and meets new people he turns into a circus monkey, leaping from tall furniture and screaming at the top of his lungs to impress his new friends. I'm excited to go to SK and focus my attention on Melissa and my new niece or newphew instead of having to defend the newborn against my 2 year olds crazy antics. Plus Caden will not enjoy the new baby getting any attention from Nanny or Aunt Sisa so I think we'll wait and have the cousins meet a little bit later.
Lots of jobs, lots of travelling, a few weddings to sing/play at over the summer/fall, and a little one that keeps me on my toes 24/7 makes for an insanely busy Kathy...that's why I enjoy Saturdays where we get to lay low...even if I do smell like a dirty farm animal from lack of showering :)

No comments: