Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bitter Sweet

The time has come to try and sell our beautiful home. I know, I know we just bought it a little over a year ago, but we really want to be back in the city. When we first moved to Crawfordville, we had several families of people we knew and were close with. Since then they have all moved away, and lately we have been feeling extremely isolated and lonely. Our work is in Tallahassee, our church is in Tallahassee and now, everyone we know is in Tallahassee...and with the cost of gas and a kid who runs short on patience during long car rides, the commute is killing us.
With the market being the way it is, selling the house may be a difficult thing to do. I'm just hoping that someone walks into it and sees what we saw....everything they are looking for in a home. I love, love, love this house, and I am very sad to think of moving out of it, but I know it's for the best. There's no purpose in having a beautiful home for entertaining when you don't know anyone to invite over. With all of the painting and work we have put into this house, it hurts to sell it, but when I think about being back in town I get super excited. Knowing on the days I am home with Caden we can visit friends or go see Daddy without having to drive 45 minutes one way, is thrilling. Jay spends alot of time at work as it is but the commute just takes more time away from all of us being together. It would be amazing to be back in Tallahassee again and our prayer is that God sends someone our way very soon who wants our house to be their home.
Please pray for that for us.
And direct potential buyers to this site: www.crawfordvillehome.blogspot.com :)

No comments: