Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm gaining weight

This makes me sad...I have doctors orders not to exercise until my back adjustments hold longer than only two days. Normally having this excuse would thrill me...but I really would like to start working out. And since eating right and exercising go hand in hand in my mind, I am choosing to pig out during this sedentary time in my life.
My parents are coming to Tallahassee in 2 weeks. This is very exciting. They will be here for a week and in that week the party of the century will be happening. Caden Robert Stock will be turning the big 1. That blows my mind.
All that crazy labor and delivery stuff happened a year ago? How is it that it still so vividly haunts my dreams? Just kidding. August 16th, 1983 was the day I was born. March 4th, 2006 was the day I found out why. At least at this point and time in my life, my purpose is to raise a man of God and that freaks me out.
I remember when I could just lay him on a chair and go make dinner, knowing that there was no way he could physically maneuver himself from that spot. This past Thursday he took his first steps. Crazy how time flies.
As Caden grows, so does my uncertainity in myself as a parent. I am however learning that this is normal and that every good parent feels like they are making it up as they go along.
Yesterday Jason and I tied a hellium 'Little Mermaid' balloon from Chloe's birthday party to the harness of our dog. She's been walking around with it hovering above her ever since and it's stinkin hilarious.

2 comments:

The Secret of Happiness said...

Kathy, March 4th was a great day. Caden was SO LITTLE!
I think motherhood looks good on you. I think you "make stuff up" well.
You are a great mom.

Honeydew said...

Hey There! First steps, eh? I can't believe I haven't seen either him or you in almost a year. I am so looking forward to May 24th when you guys finally get to see my new home and life...I don't regret my decisions either but after reading your latest blog it really made me think of what could have been...thanks for that! Sis