Monday, April 20, 2009

A Glimse of Heaven

That's what leading worship feels like. My favourite part of standing in front of people and leading them in praise songs is hearing the voices...standing in front of hundreds of voices singing praises to the Almighty is incredible and although I am humbled that God uses me to lead others in glorifying His name through song, I am overwhelmingly thankful for it. Yesterday we sang 'Wonderful Cross' and one line said, "All who gather hear by faith draw near to bless Your name."

In that moment, I was struck by the beauty of the Church. Not the denomination or organization....but the faith filled people...the people who wouldn't care if we had to meet at the bus stop or a public park as long as we were sharpening each other as iron sharpens iron and glorifying God together.

The power of corporate faith is undeniable. The truth is that there are strength in numbers and I can't help but feel most affirmed in my faith and relationship with Christ when I'm in relationship with other people of faith.

My problem lies in capturing that passion and taking it with me when I leave...when I'm alone or going through the motions of life, I want to feel the presence of God as strongly as I do when I am surrounded by those Heavenly voices on Sunday. With the craziness of life, it's often hard to hear the still, small whisper of God. Thank God for music. That's all I can say...I can't wait to sing without ceasing with the angels in Heaven. The band there must be incredible ;)

No comments: