Monday, November 17, 2008

Sweet November

So, I was online today, trying to order some Christmas things and I saw something that said "Pick up your photos by 12:30 on November 17, 2008!"
At which point I thought, "That's awfully late in the month. I'm going to need mine before then."
Then I realized, THAT IS TODAY!
Holy moly, where did this month go!?!! I swear, I thought we were still in the first week of November. This is insanity!
I don't think I've ever felt so confused in all my life...I know I have memories of the last few weeks..I just had no idea it flew by so fast! Wasn't it just Halloween?
I guess time flies when you're having fun, and I (aside from being sick for the past 9 days) have been having a great November. Caden is in a remarkable stage of life right now, and I have been enjoying every second of it. He's grown into a little boy who uses the toilet and can carry on (usually hilarious) conversations. We play pretend, make crafts, sing songs and have a pile of fun, everyday. I've really been enjoying my time with him and focusing on making it quality instead of being sad there isn't as much quantity as their use to be. He's happy, we're blessed and there's no room for self-pity.
Jay has an awesome job that gets him home at 5:00 in the afternoon. That has been a FABULOUS change in the Stock house. We have weekends! WEEKENDS! He sometimes works long after getting home because it's hard for him to believe he's actually off and can relax! It's been amazing and a huge answer to prayer.
0 bites on the house since getting a realtor, but whatever. It'll sell when it sells. I want to move like crazy, but I don't want to do it 'till it's right..and right now, I am thankful for a beautiful home.
I guess November has been good because I've chosen a better attitude. I've always known happiness is a choice, and that regardless of the circumstances, there is always some good to focus on...a silver lining to every cloud...and so far November has been much more silvery than cloudy.
Yesterday, Caden and I joined some friends from my small group and went to the North Florida fair. It was SO fun. Caden did great. He would have ridden every ride in that place if the height requirements hadn't of been there :)
He has no fear.
He would point to the craziest, spinning rides with screaming people being flung around on them and say, "Caden's turn!"
After many hours of rides, funnel cake, petting zoo's and merry-go-rounds, we headed home at 7pm. Caden fell asleep in the car and he kept on sleeping until 7 the next morning. The fair wore us out.
So today is November 17th...which is still mind boggling to me...I guess I had better get back to planning for Christmas, since it's right around the corner!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Have I ever said how cute that boy is?!