Sunday, November 09, 2008

From Horse to Hoarse


On Friday, Caden had cowboy day at school. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed so he was pretty cranky all day...but he did put his attitude aside long enough to put on his cowboy hat and ride a pony. I attended school with him, because honestly, who doesn't want to go to cowboy day?!
All in all it was fun, we left just before lunch, he fell asleep in the car on the way home meaning he did not get a nap that afternoon and ended up falling asleep while on his hands and knees throwing a tantrum in his room at 6:30pm. He still slept till 7 the next morning, so I guess he just needed some extra shut eye.
Meanwhile, Jay was in Panama city all day, doing some networking for WAYFM and he ran across a coffee shop in crisis. They were having an event the next day on behalf of the Women's Pregnancy Centre and their band cancelled. Jay volunteered my services and so I got busy, writing up lyrics and practicing songs.
On Saturday the family, Amber and myself, loaded up the cars and headed to Panama City for the gig. It was fun. They paid us in food, which is always awesome, and we got to meet some great people. It went well, and I'll be returning in December to do some Christmas stuff for them. It was great exposure. I've been wanting to play coffee shops in Tallahassee but have never had the nerve to get out there and make it happen..I'm a little braver now after this weekend's events.
Sunday I got up at 5am and headed to church. We sang our butts off and had an amazing time in the Lord. Loved it. My voice is completely demolished from all the singing, but it was worth it. Hence the title of this blog. Haha. Get it?
Right now, the whole fam is dealing with the sniffles...I have a slight fever...but we're all relaxing after an insane weekend, ready to hit the sack early.
With all the craziness of the weekend, I forgot to give a shout out to my parents who celebrated their cabillionth wedding anniversary on Saturday. Thanks for having a great marriage.

No comments: