Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things I am Currently Really Enjoying about Canada......

- My family
- Tim Hortons
- The way the house smells on a summers day when the windows are left open and a fresh breeze is blowing through.
- Ah Caramels, walnut crunches, flakies and the millions of other fantastic sweets I can't find anywhere else.
- Watching the Olympics from Canada's perspective
- Newfoundland radio hour on Sunday night in Alberta
- KFC's Canadian menu
- Bison Burgers
- Awesome mainlander accents
- Early morning (5:30am)sunrises and late night (9:00pm)sunsets...it makes it so much easier to get out of bed in the morning and get more accomplished after dinner.
- Lack of nasty bugs and oppressive heat
- Loonies, Toonies and colourful money
- Things being spelled with 'our' at the end and 'checks' being spelled 'cheques'.
- 'Zed' instead of 'Zee'
- People who understand all of the words that come out of my mouth, regardless of how fast I say them or whether they are real words or not.

Things I am currently not enjoying about Canada:

- How expensive everything is
- Missing my boys in Tallahassee
...That's pretty much it!

No comments: