Friday, August 22, 2008

Sleeping Baby

This is Caden at about a month old


This is Evan at about 2 weeks old


My sister and mother have gone out to run errands and I have the grand privilege of staying behind with Baby Evan. He is such a sweet boy, very similar to my boy a couple of years ago. They have a very similar look and demeanor about them...but I guess all newborns look alike to some extent.
Evan is getting bigger and stronger everyday, he sleeps almost all the way through the night already and is as pleasant as a pig in poop...even when he is literally in poop. He's a great kid.
I don't think there is any greater peace than a sleeping baby. There's just a sense of calm about them that makes you feel calm and content. I love the newborn stage. Other than colic and slight sleep deprivation, this stage is by far the calm before the storm that is toddlerhood....speaking of toddlers, I miss mine desperately.
Last night was tough getting to sleep...I was missing my family very much. I've never been away from Caden this long before and I find that I don't know what to do with myself half the time. He is such a loving little man with a giant heart..he adds so much to my life so a piece of me is missing without him around.
Jay has been superman this week...single parenting, taking a nasty fall off of a chair while changing the air filters, working, rushing to find childcare when Caden's school shut down last minute because of hurricane Faye...he's been great...I can't wait to see both of them on Sunday....i hate that i have to work mon-wed when i get back cause all i want to do is play with Caden..but it will be great to wake up and see him Monday morning...he's such a great kid.
I will go back to "babysitting"...A.K.A: Watching a beautiful, sleeping baby.

No comments: