Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Month of Pure Insanity

If I'm not regularly updating, this is why:

Tomorrow: Bring Caden to school. Working 8-5, driving half way to Crawfordville to get Caden, driving back into Tallahassee, practicing for One Night at 6:15 followed by One Night itself at 7, lasting until whenever the Holy Spirit says it's ok to go. 45 minute drive back home. Late night for Caden. At some point in there, we will eat something but bathtime for Caden probably won't happen.

Thursday: Data entry work from home while entertaining Caden, try and find somewhere for Caden to go until Jay gets off work at 7, practice for Tiffany's wedding at 6, Worship team at 7. 45 minute drive back home. Another late night for Caden. We will also find time to eat at some point but once again, it may be too late for a bath...good thing tomorrow is swim day at school...he'll at least be submersed in water.

Friday: Bring Caden to school with lunch and swim clothes. Working from 10-4, driving half way to Crawfordville to get Caden, driving back into town, hopefully finding someone who can watch him till Jay gets off work (although the chances of this happening 2 nights in a row are slim to none) Wedding Rehearsal at 6 (perhaps with Caden on my back in the hiking back pack), Rehearsal dinner to follow. Another late night for Caden. Luckily eating is included in these plans already...I may have to sponge bathe him while he sleeps...

Saturday: Amber comes to the house at 1:45 to watch a smelly, sleepy Caden. I have to be at the church for 2:30. Wedding starts at 3:30, reception to follow. Somehow meet up with Jay when he's done work. He drops me off at someones house where I will spend the night (person to be determined) and drives home in the car to relieve Amber. Caden WILL get a real bath this night, come hell or high water. I'll spend the night with said friend because Sunday morning comes too early for an already exhausted little boy.

Sunday: Be at Leon High School to set up church at 6am. Pack up the Keyboard and leave church around 1-ish. Bring Jay to wherever he left his bike the night before so he can drive it home behind me and Caden. Lunch? Who knows. We survive on pure will at this point. When we get home we'll tag team clean the house, mow the lawn, do the laundry and get things ready for the coming week of madness.

Next Week: Work, parent/teacher meeting at Caden's school, continue working on the house to have it ready at anytime for potential buyers, alot of work reports and deadlines to meet, my birthday, Dana's baby shower, prep the boys and leave for Canada on a solo trip where I'll be till the 24th.

Then it's back to work, dentist appointments, birthday parties, worship teaming, etc. etc. etc...I really miss my husband...I really miss my kid...as much as I hate preping and dishes, I really miss eating home cooked meals...

I know I'm whining, but I'm exhausted already.

Our best chance thus far of selling the house fell through last night when the potential buyer changed his mind..that was defeating..but at this point, I know God has that...I just wish I had more time to pray about it.

Lord, give me the strength to be all of things you've called me to be. Christian Wife, mother, sister, daughter, soon-to-be Aunt, musician, friend, employee, volunteer, make-shift realtor...I'm burning out. Amen.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kathy, I know the feeling. I've felt the same way with running the Clubs through summer camp this summer and trying to be an available, attentive, loving mother and wife while trying to piece together babysitters for her on a daily basis... I look around the house and think that I will clean it... sometime, but just not tonight (which is crazy for you that you have to keep it clean for potential buyers who could show up whenever...). Anyways, take a deep breath, take everything in stride, and know that you are doing an AMAZING job. You may feel like a crazy person running around who can't even find time to feed her child, but I'm pretty sure Caden thinks you are the BEST...and I'm sure he never feels the slightest bit unloved.

I'll pray that you will get a break soon and can stop feeling like a giant Gumby... stretched in so many directions at once...

Anonymous said...

Kathy - good job youre busy - otherwise you'd be thinking about the Phillips family and start crying.