Friday, July 18, 2008

Needing a Break

Yesterday I worked all day in heels and a dress, I pick Caden up at school and we headed home. When I get home, I find that the back door is wide open! First, I was freaked out about robbers, but then I saw the handle had gotten stuck when Jay let the dog out in the morning and he didn't lock the dead bolt when he let her back in. Luckily, no animals ran away!
I look up and there is a giant wasp flying around the living room. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a huge phobia of insects...especially flying ones...even butterflies freak me out.
So I panic, grab Caden, forget his shoes, wipes and cup and bolt out the door to the car (after closing the back door of course).
I decide now is a good time to go to Walmart and get an oil change. I call Jay (who still won't be home for 3 hours) and tell him my plight.
Caden and I go to Walmart, give them the car to change the oil (the woman who took the keys said Caden looked like baby Brad Pitt) and we head to Subway for supper. I had promised myself I wouldn't eat out this week but this situation called for it.
We order food and go to pay for it and my bank card was not in my wallet...
Luckily, I had enough cash for food, but not for the oil change...
I call family dollar where i bought bubbles for Caden earlier, and they told me i had left it there and that they would hold it till Jay could pick it up.
Meanwhile, Jay's still got 2.5 hours left at work and a 45 minute commute back to C-ville.
I'm still in heels, Caden has no shoes...I start getting really, really sad.
So Caden and I eat, he makes me laugh and calms me a little bit, then I pick him up and head back to the car section to see if they'll take Jay's card over the phone. They won't. the cahsier handed me my keys before she knew I couldn't pay then she actually snatched them back!
I told them Jay would be by to pay and we would just have to wait....
I call Jay and he decides to leave a bit early to rescue me...so Caden and I proceed to walk around the Walmart toy department (I, in heels and he, barefoot) for over an hour till Daddy comes to the rescue.
Caden was SUCH a good boy. He made the situation so much better. He even didn't have a fit when he saw the big bin of rubber balls...he was sad that we couldn't buy the sponge bob bicycle helmet though...
We get home and Jay goes in first to do some serious bug killing. Caden and I come in a few minutes later and I put him in the tub...3 minutes later he stands up and says, "Mama, YUCK!" and points down....HE HAD POOPED IN THE TUB!
He has only ever done this once, when he was 6 months old and we were in Newfoundland...I couldn't believe it. Perfect end to a perfect afternoon!
Today my back is killing me from all the heel walking and Caden holding and I still have a million things to do before we leave tomorrow...
All that to say, I'm excited about our little vacation. I need it, BAD!

No comments: