Sunday, August 05, 2007

What to say...

I haven't posted in a few days...could I have finally run out of things to say?
Nah.
Church today was really good. The message struck me right between the eyes. I think that lately I've been looking in all the wrong places for definition and fulfillment. I was reminded today that God is the only one who can make me feel complete, defined and purposeful. Everyone and anything else is eventually going to dissapoint me if I depend on him/her/it for contentment. I was also told flat out by God via Pastor Brian's mouth, to wait.
I needed to hear that.
I tend to panic and act on what I always believe is God's nudging hand but this morning when I actually took the time to listen, I heard Him say, "Wait. Sit still. I'm working on it. I haven't forgotten about you."
This might only make sense to God and I which, at the end of the day, is fine with me.
Jason returned home safetly at 11 o'clock Friday night and proceeded to work at 9am Saturday morning. Thankfully, he was able to make it to church today and Caden and I went to his store to have lunch with him this afternoon. I miss him. We went from sharing an office for 2 years to seeing eachother maybe 3 hours a day. I function much better when I'm with him. As stated in previous posts, he keeps me sane.
I'm hoping he'll get a day off soon...if not this week than next week for my birthday. That man works so hard to make our lives happen. He's my hero.
Caden is humming very loudly and waiting very patiently for some playtime with Mommy so I should run.
Tootaloo.

No comments: