Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm being followed by a moon shadow...

Good song. I took my mini disc player along on our morning walk today and realized all the songs were lullaby's that I use to play in Caden's room. Not very motivating for walking early in the morning. Suprisingly the music helped me relax. Thank you Cat Stevens.
I miss my mother. I had a rough day after I dropped her off at the airport. I don't think I realized how much I need her around until she was here...then just like a vicious tease, she was gone. I know she felt the same way. Hopefully in the future my parents will fly to Florida for the winter. That would be lovely.
Even though it was short, we had a great time. Mom spoiled us all rotten, baked and cooked enough to cause an extra 5 pounds on all of us and loved on Caden enough to last him a few months.
Caden has been kind of off since she left too. He hasn't been sleeping well and because of it he's been a cross between a zombie and a tantrum throwing machine. The day she left he kept whining at the door as if to say, "Can we go pick Nan up wherever we dropped her off?"
Saturday night he was up about 3 or 4 times, then I had to get up at 5am for church. Yes, that's right. With the addition of an extra morning service, my morning routine will be waking up at 4:45 and leaving the house at 5:50am. Insane in the membrane. Sunday he wouldn't take a nap so there was no hope of resting then either. Sunday night he only woke up once, getting up for good at 6am. He fought off his nap yesterday afternoon and last night a sleepy me headed into town to record with the band. After much frustration with equipment, some sweet music and plenty of hysterical laughter, we left the studio at 11. In bed by 12, up at 5 when Caden decided it was time to start the day.
He was doing so well, sleeping 12 hours a night and napping for 3 hours in the afternoon...now he is suddenly anti-sleep, which is hard for a pro-sleep mama to handle. I'm sure I'll catch up when he is a teenager and I can't get him out of bed until 1 in the afternoon.
Did I mention I was dieting? Bad timing, because sugar usually helps me through the long days...but I've put on a few (so much for the worms idea) and I'm nipping it in the butt before 5 pounds becomes 50. Believe me, I'm capable.
Thankfully, Caden is napping right now...afterwards we're heading to walmart for a sound machine which I'm hoping will lull him to sleep in the afternoons for naps and keep him asleep all night from 8pm until after 7am.
Then it's off to the park for a brisk walk with Britt, home to see that guy who lives in my house...what's his name again?....oh ya! Jason! It's been so long since I've seen him I was starting to forget!
Praise Jesus he has tomorrow off.
Well that's my life in a nutshell. Things could be better, but they sure could be worse. Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

The Secret of Happiness said...

I wish so badly we were closer!

I can't count the number of times I've wanted to get in a car and drive to your house for tea and a good laugh. There are very few people who make me laugh and feel at home the way you do.