Saturday, August 11, 2007

Looking Back

I've been looking through old home videos lately...maybe it's because I have a birthday coming up...I'm not sure...but I have been wanting to go through my huge stack of unmarked mini-tapes for a long time.
Last night I was watching video from my first summer at CWJ in 2002. I was watching a young Jason Stock and an even younger Kathy Smith (I was 18!) talking and laughing as good friends, who at the time had NO idea they'd end up married. I was reminded of people I haven't seen or spoken to in 5 years who shaped my life tremendously without ever knowing it. I was reminded of being a camp counselor and how evil some of those kids were. For every 5 evil ones there was 1 precious one who made it all worth it. I would never do it again though. Those kids would stress me sick.
I have footage from our weekend trip to Myrtle Beach where we broke down and had to flag someone down for help...of our Spice Girls routine that we did for the girls camp yet the male counselors seemed to appreciate it more.
Today I've been watching video from University when I lived with Jacqueline, Renee Kristy, Beth and some other chick who's name I completely forget. Good times on Elizabeth Avenue. I was just watching Murray and Cliff demonstrating how to make blue angels...don't ask...and I was laughing hysterically at Kristy and I being ridiculously funny in my old room. I had movie posters all over the place and sheets that had daisy's all over them. I had forgotten all about that room. It's been a long time...
One video is of a Newfoundland party that Tracy threw for Jay his first time in NL. There were about 15 people there, dressed in fishing gear and funny 'out around the bay' type clothing. They decorated the room with sea gulls, fishing nets and a stuffed seal then they made Jay an honorary Newfoundlander by making him drink Purity Syrup and kiss a cod head. They went all out for a guy they didn't even know just to make him feel special and welcome. I miss all of you SO much.
There's video of my 19th birthday, of one of our many fishing trips in Hopeall on Greg's boat
I have video of all the gigs 'Blind Beggars' played and all the road trips we went on together.
More recent video that I found is of Caden from 3 months old til now. I honestly don't remember him being that small. It made me realize that he really isn't a baby anymore and how at every stage of his life I would say, "I wish he would stay this size forever" yet every age brings more joy, laughter and sleep than the one before it.
I still have tons more video to go through so my walk down memory lane probably won't stop here...but I just wanted to pause and reminisce. I've had a good life....all 24 years of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to watch those videos with you.

Bainer