Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm a packing pro

I'm packing...again...actually I'm procrastinating right now but I have been packing all day. Caden seems to be all better excpet while he was sick he developed this crazy tantrum behavior whenever he doesn't get his own way. That's been draining...not knowing what to do or how to discipline a child that has no words except for 'Dog', I just desperatly want to do right as his mother. I don't want to spoil him but I don't want to make him feel alone or abandoned. It's a hard line. This parenting this is rough. I'm kicking myself for everytime I said, "My child won't act like that."
He has quite the temper and I'm just going to have to find what works for us. So far timeout seems to help him calm down...even though he has no idea what's going on. There are alot of techniques I want to use when he's old enough to understand...plus I know that when he has words he'll be less upset when he wants or needs to tell us something. Until then I will grind my teeth and try my best.

Packing is always fun. I'm really good at it now since this is our 8th move. Crazy. It's become routine now. This one is so much more exciting though cause we're moving into our first house in a place where we have an amazing church and some incredible friends. Even though we're packing up, we're finally setteled!
Hopefully I won't be eatting those words 8 months from now, cause that tends to be my pattern!

No comments: