Saturday, April 07, 2007

I Heart Computer

This fast taught me that I LOVE my computer...just kidding...I do love my computer, but I learned alot more than that through fasting from it.
I learned that I can get ALOT done when I don't have the internet to distract me. Through some reading and some quiet time I felt overwhelmingly grateful for my blessings.
That has really been the theme of my learning experience. I have so much freakin stuff to be thankful for. When I first started to realize this, I felt a little guilty for having what I have...I certainly don't deserve any of it.
I don't deserve an incredible marriage with a man who respects and loves me the way Jay does.
I don't deserve a perfect little baby boy who is delightful even on a bad day.
I don't deserve to have the home I have or the car that I drive or the comfortable living that I have when so many people do without the basics everyday.
I certainly do not deserve the musical ability God has gifted me with or the wonderful people he has placed in my life.
So I sat on my couch in the quiet, overwhelmed with guilt when I realized, thats exactly what makes Jesus so awesome. I could never earn his blessings, I could never earn his love and he knows that, but he doesn't care. He doesn't expect me to. He gives and he is good. He takes away and he is good. Everything in life is his and is given or taken according to his purpose. Quickly my guilt turned to praise and thankfulness, not so much for what God has done for me, but for who he is.
Love.
I also learned how important having a daily, communicative relationship is with the Father.
I learned that his word is legitimate and true and I'm not ignorant for knowing that. I learned that I need to guard myself against what I read and who I choose to teach me. I never want to fall into the trap where God becomes a science or a subject and not a Father that I can speak with and be spoken to.
I learned that knowing about God is SO important but head knowledge with the absense of heart knowledge is dangerous. If you know about God but you fail to know God, you've missed the point.
I praise God for my church and how incredibly balanced and focused it is. That it is led by incredibly brilliant people that I can trust and I am SO grateful that I get to play a small roll in it.
Overall, it was a very productive week. It's amazing what you can learn when you shut your computer off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blogging is a ministry. Keep it up. Please bring it back to myspace.

Stephanie said...

very well said. Thank you!